Friday, June 17, 2011

The Milwaukee 225 Preview and Predictions


This week IndyCar returns to the Milwaukee Mile.  I know this is called a fan favorite track but personal I just do not get it.  Of all of the ovals, Milwaukee is the most follow the leader track IndyCar goes to.  I did not miss it last year and do not understand why IndyCar brass bent over backwards to get it back for this year.  That said it is still an IndyCar race so I will still be glued to my TV to watch the race.  As this is an ABC race there is no coverage of qualifying this week so we hardcore fans will have to lesion to it on streaming audio while “normal” fans just check the web for the results or wait till pre-race to find out what the grid will look like.  (I still do not understand why you cannot have streaming video of practice and qualifying if there is NO telecast that it might “rob from”!)

Let us move on to my predictions.  I hate to say it but I am predicting a death star weekend.  For the pole, I am going to go with Scott Dixon assuming he has enough fuel to finish his run.  For the win, I am going to stick with Scott Dixon as I said in the preview this is a follow the leader track so unless something unforeseen happens the pole setter is likely to be the winner.  For P2 I will go with Ganassi to sweep the top two with Dario Franchitti.  To finish out the podium Ryan Briscoe he let me know last week at Texas lets see if he can make up for it here.  The story of the race is going to be Takuma Sato he really impressed me last week at Texas, he has always been a sleeper for me on the road courses but he has be quite the disappointment there, which makes his Texas showing on the oval stick out even more.  Finally, the “Legend in his own mind” award I will give to EJ Viso.  Yes, he also had a good showing at Texas but I am afraid that he might be someone you do not want to build up confidence in as he will try to do something above his talent level and the car will have to go in the trailer on jacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment